Napa Valley Register: A New Home for Mathew Bruno
Decanter Magazine names Mathew Bruno Top 10 Producers and 10 Wineries to Watch List
2018 Mathew Bruno Stagecoach Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
Jeb Dunnuck – Rated 94 Points: Slightly more expensive, the 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon Stagecoach Vineyard comes from a site on Pritchard Hill and is 100% Cabernet. It reveals loads of blueberries, mulberries, camphor, new leather, spice, and flowery incense in its aromatics. Beautiful on the palate, with medium to full-bodied richness as well as ripe tannins and terrific balance, this is another impressive wine from Mathew Bruno that’s going to benefit from short-term cellaring and keep for 15-20 years.
2018 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- Decanter Magazine named: Best Rutherford 2018 Wine
- Decanter Magazine – Rated 94 Points:From a site in Eastern Rutherford that supplied Beaulieu Vineyard during the ‘Second Golden Age’ of the 60s and 70s. A wonderfully fragrant nose of black liquorice, cherry blossoms, creme de cassis and dried oregano. A juicy, luscious and giving palate with concentrated red-fruit flavours. There is a poise and grace here that refreshingly doesn’t give the taster everything at once. A gorgeous, floral showing of Rutherford.
- James Suckling – Rated 92 Points: Notes of blackberry, blackcurrant, plum, coffee and some dark chocolate. Some herb, too. It’s full-bodied with a round texture with slightly firm-textured tannins. Elegant finish. A little tight now. Try after 2023.
2019 Mathew Bruno Carneros Chardonnay
- Jeb Dunnuck – Rated 91 Points: The 2019 Chardonnay, which comes all from Carneros, has a terrific nose of white peach, toasted bread, acacia flowers, and spice. This carries to a medium-bodied Chardonnay offering a soft, forward texture, rock-solid overall balance, and a great finish. I don’t think it’s going to make old bones, but it’s one delicious drink right now.
2019 Mathew Bruno Yountville Sauvignon Blanc
- James Suckling – Rated 92 Points: This has a fruity nose of green apple, passion fruit and pomelo. It’s medium-bodied with crisp acidity and a creamy texture. Blanched almonds and wet stones on the finish. Drink now.
2018 Mathew Bruno Yountville Sauvignon Blanc
- James Suckling – Rated 92 Points: A dense and layered white with sliced-pear and peach character. Green apples. Lovely fruit and intensity. Flavorful finish. Quite a big style of sauvignon with lots of dried-apricot flavor. Drink now.
2018 Mathew Bruno Dry Creek Valley Rosé
- Sunset Magazine International Wine Competition – Rated Gold, 91 Points
2016 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jeb Dunnuck – Rated 95 Points: As to the red, the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon is a beauty that was brought up in 100% new French and American oak. This purple-hued wine has a spicy bouquet of new saddle leather, dried tobacco, graphite, and spicy oak, ample cassis fruits, full-bodied richness, and a pure, seamless, elegant style that’s incredibly satisfying. The American oak gives it a slightly old-school, spicy vibe, and I suspect it will drink beautifully for 15-20 years.
2015 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- Jeb Dunnuck – Rated 95 Points: The 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from the Beckstoffer Georges III Vineyard that was brought up in a mix of new French and American oak. Its deep purple color is followed by a gorgeous wine that’s a spitting image of class and finesse. Currants, high-class oak, hints of crème de cassis and crushed flowers all flow to a layered, full-bodied, multi-dimensional beauty that does everything right. With fine tannin, beautiful purity of fruit and a great finish, it’s going to benefit from short-term cellaring yet keep for two decades.
2013 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
Blue Lifestyle/Anthony Dias Blue – Rated 94 Points: “Silky and tangy, juicy and pure; generous plum and cassis; bright and toasty with notes of earth and new oak; balanced and long.”
The Napa Wine Project: “Mathew’s philosophy is to make balanced and approachable wines – and they have certainly done so with the two wines we tried.”
2012 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- California Wine Advisors – Rated 96+ Points: “A classic example of Rutherford Cabernet, the 2012 Mathew Bruno presents itself as inky black in the glass. The bouquet is stunning, showcasing the black currant, blueberry, and anise notes typical to the area. The palate develops in complexity, offering layers of red and black berry, spice box, and baking chocolate that culminate in a striking finish that is focused and shows fantastic length. Delicious right out of the gate, the patient collector will be well-rewarded for cellaring another 5-7 years and drinking for another decade beyond that.”
2010 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Mathew Bruno Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Spectator Magazine named Mathew Bruno “A successful debut in a challenging year.”